Texas Veterinary Dental Center is seeking two full-time licensed veterinary technicians for our Stafford office. We are a dedicated team with a board-certified veterinary dental specialist, highly trained associate veterinarians, and home of one of Texas’ few practicing LVT Veterinary Technician Specialist (Veterinary Dentistry). Our staff seeks to provide the finest care in veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. We have a professional but fun and supportive workplace environment. This position requires experience in veterinary anesthesia and surgery, with preferable experience in veterinary dentistry.
Office hours are Monday thru Thursday, 7AM -5 PM.
No after-hours emergencies; no weekends; we are closed on holidays.
Benefits include: Holiday pay (select holidays), Paid time off after qualified service, Health Insurance benefits, Life insurance, Retirement benefits with employee match after qualified service, Sam’s Club paid membership, CE allowance with paid CE education, license renewal, uniform allowance, and generously discounted pet services and medications.
We seek applicants with exceptional technical skills to perform the following tasks including but not limited to:
– Calculating analgesia and anesthesia drug doses
– Premedicating, inducing, and monitoring anesthesia
– Understanding and administering medications
– Assisting with oral surgery
– Operating in-house Idexx diagnostic equipment
– Proficient in computer operating systems and Cornerstone practice management software
– Working exam rooms
– Ability to answer phones and work front desk if needed
– Assisting patient recovery
– Performing dental radiology
– Performing dentistry in dogs and cats (dental probing and charting, scaling and polishing, performing periodontal therapy)
– Phlebotomy (IV catheterization and venipuncture)
– Client education and communication
– Compassionate patient care.
– Teach and assist with CE events held at our office or provide off-site hospital staff training events.
Candidate must be a team player, have a positive attitude, have excellent written and oral communication skills, possess basic office computer skills, be a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic. Candidate must also be self-motivated, ambitious, compassionate, extremely dependable, and eager to learn new skills.
Compensation is dependent upon experience and skill level.